Digital pianos are getting very popular these days and many people from all over the world are using this type of piano. There are many top digital piano brands to consider but before jumping into buying one of them it is best to fully understand what a digital piano is all about and realize your piano playing requirements.
What makes digital better than other types of piano?
What makes digital piano different is that it uses digital technology in duplicating the authentic sound and feel of the genuine or grand acoustic piano. Unlike the traditional piano which uses hammers and strings, digital pianos are utilizing digitalized sampled voices or sounds with speakers and amplifiers that are capable of providing the true piano sound. Piano keys are weighed to provide the tactile feel and touch of the ivory keys on the traditional acoustic piano.
Thinking of buying your own digital piano?
With so many choices in the market today there are several things to consider before buying your new digital piano. Each brand model has its own unique set of features- from pre-set equalizers, to recording capability, various voices and instrument sounds for accompaniment to USB connectivity to portability. You have to exactly know what kind of digital piano you need, set your requirements for consideration and probably try to ponder on these few important tips that can be useful in your digital piano buying.
Keys and Keyboards:
– Ask yourself who will be the primary user of your new digital piano- are you buying this for your kids who are just beginning to learn how to play? There are several numbers of keys in a keyboard and these are 61, 76 and 88 keys. For beginners getting a digital piano with lesser keys would make piano playing easier especially for newbies.
– Consider the sensitivity of the keys- some keyboards have super sensitive keys that a slightest variation in touch produces unique sound volume. Sensitive keys are great for those you have a good ear for music and it’s the best way to appreciate piano playing by developing key stroke skills. Some keyboards have weighed keys meaning they are capable of producing the same acoustic sound from the traditional pianos excellent for playing classic music repertoire.
Special Digital Piano Features:
– All digital pianos have its own unique set of key features and this should be importantly considered before getting one. Features will include various instrument sound options through preset or pre-recorded voices that duplicate musical instruments. What is important about this digital piano feature is the ease of using it consider the LCD screen that displays options and the buttons on front panel. It should be easy for you to operate and set this feature.
– Switch or control for acoustic piano from digital piano option. Several brands of digital pianos transform easily form digital to acoustic with just one touch of a button. This is really important for anyone interested in buying a digital piano since piano playing should be a wonderful experience for anyone.
– Recording capability, USB connectivity and integration of special software are some key points in buying a digital piano. You would want to record your own piece for practicing or would want to easily transfer file to and from PC to your new digital piano. Software allows various options from teaching you how to play to editing that will improve any playing skills.
Design and Pricing:
– Digital pianos have various designs in different sizes. Consider the bulk of this musical instrument and how much space will it occupy around your home. There are lightweight models with collapsible stands for easy transport great for those who perform outside the home. Think about where you’ll place your new digital piano and make the most practical choice in terms of design and piano size.
Certainly digital pianos have various price points depending on the brand and features it has. Set a budget for this and do not go beyond your means. Look for a digital piano that has all the features you wanted with the matching price that suit your finances, in the long run your new digital piano is a good investment after all.